Realme X3 and Realme X3 SuperZoom are getting their second major software update. The company is releasing the Android 12 package based on Realme UI 3.0 for smartphones. To recall, the devices were launched back in 2020 with Realme UI based on Android 10 out of the box.
Be sure to visit: The best phone deals from Flipkart’s Big Billion Days [Tracker]
The latest Android 12 update for the Realme X3 and Realme X3 SuperZoom is rolling out with firmware versions RMX2081_11_F.05 and RMX2085_11_F.05, respectively. This will be the last major update for the handsets. Before upgrading, make sure to update your respective device to the required versions.
- Realme X3: RMX2081_11_C.15 / RMX2081_11_C.14 / RMX2081_11_C.13
- SuperZoom Realme X3: RMX2085_11_C.15 / RMX2085_11_C.14 / RMX2085_11_C.13
As for changes, along with Realme UI 3.0, the package makes the user experience more fluid and secure than ever. It provides a more personalized, efficient and smooth user experience. In addition, the changelog is enriched for both smartphones. For the exact modifications, see the official changelog below.
- New design
- The new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, offers a simple, clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Assistive Smart widgets are added that display important information about the applications and provide instant access to the functions.
- The design of the page is renewed based on the principle of visual noise reduction and the spacing of the elements and the information is prioritized with different colors so that the key information stands out.
- The icons have been redesigned using new materials to give the icons more depth and a better sense of space and texture.
- The Quantum Animation Engine is optimized with version 3.0, which applies the concept of mass to make the animations more realistic and optimizes more than 300 animations to provide a more natural user experience.
- Comfort and efficiency
- The way to change floating windows between different sizes has been optimized.
- Security and privacy
- Spam blocking rules have been optimized so you can add a rule to block MMS messages.
- Quick Start is added, a function that detects the applications you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly and a graph to show battery usage.
- In team fight scenes, the games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- The average CPU charge is reduced and battery usage is reduced.
- Now you can decide which camera modes are displayed in the menu bar and in what order they do so.
- The automatic brightness algorithm is optimized to adapt the screen brightness to larger views for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Images have been added to the text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility features.
- The categorization of functions has been optimized by grouping them into visual, auditory, interactive and general activities.
- The TalkBack feature supports more system applications, including Photos, Phone, Mail and Calendar.
Read more: Realme releases Android 13 Early Access roadmap
As usual, the OTA update for the smartphones is being rolled out in batches. Accordingly, it may take some time to reach all units. In the meantime, you can try the update manually by Settings > Software update.